By default, Google Calendar comes with the following options to view all your events and appointments:
The first three are pretty self explanatory but did you know you can customise the ‘4 days’ option?
You can even choose whether to see weekends or not – handy if you’re primarily using Google Calendar as a work calendar but not so useful if you’re trying to run your whole work/life balance via Google Calendar.
But I digress. Today’s post is about customising the ‘4 day’ view option.
But why customise in the first place?
But why customise? After all, if you want to see 4 weeks worth of events you can just choose the ‘Month’ view correct?
Well actually if you choose the ‘Month’ view, what you’ll see will be this month – both the past and the future – but if you choose to customise your view to ‘4 weeks’ all you will see are the next 4 weeks into the future.
And that goes for all the custom view options – they all start on or around Today’s date and only show events in the future.
Here’s a couple of images to make that hopefully a bit clearer!
Month view showing events in the past as well as the future:
4 Weeks custom view starting around today’s date and only showing the next 4 weeks into the future:
See how the second, custom view starts today (or at least in the current week) and goes forward four weeks, whilst the Month view shows both older weeks as well as future weeks?
So how do you create a custom view?
- Open Google Calendar on calendar.google.com (you can’t customise a mobile app view only a desktop view)
- Click on the gear icon and then settings
- Click on View options on the left-hand side menu
- Click on the drop-down arrow next to ‘Set custom view’ and choose 4 weeks (or whatever custom view you want)
- Click on the back arrow in the top left to return to the main calendar view
- The new view will now be available from the drop-down menu
Want More Help?
Subscribe to my newsletter and I’ll let you know the next time I write about Google Calendar or any of Google’s other tools that I believe help small business owners go beyond the technology to become more productive business owners.
Or, just reach out to me with any question you might have about Google products.